If you are a new mom, you may want to shed your pregnancy weight loss quickly, but please aware that it is not possible to achieve lightning fast result like a celebrity mom who can get back her body shape in a matter of weeks. There are reasons why it’s not possible for a common mom; these are some of it:
1. You are on your own, not surrounded by nutritionist, dietician, personal trainer, and fashion designer like she does (good designed clothes can hide excess fat).
2. It’s pretty common for a new mom to spend a few months to gain back her original weight and body shape after giving birth. If you try to make it faster by cutting calories drastically, you will experience various health problems, especially if you are breastfeeding too.
Now that I know that the question ‘how to lose pregnancy weight’ can’t be answered overnight, what should I do to lose weight in healthy pace?
1. First, try to develop healthy eating habit complemented with mild exercise. When you think that your body has recover and your period has return to normal, take a healthy weight loss program to start reducing your extra weight.
2. Walking with your baby is a fun alternative for light exercise; Use a snugli, swing, or baby jogger and take a 10 minutes walk with your baby every day.
3. If you are breastfeeding then it is even better because it will release hormones into your body that will help your uterus gaining back its normal shape and size. Just remember to keep your calorie intake within healthy range if you are breastfeeding to maintain your milk quantity and quality. DO NOT rely on junk food to add your calorie intake, focus only on eat nutritious food.
After you you gain back your strength and fitness, you need to take a weight loss program; please aware that your body condition after giving birth is different from average people, so don’t just take any program carelessly. A good program for post pregnancy mom should meet these criteria:
1. Fad weight loss diet is the worst possible answer to the question ‘how to lose pregnancy weight’; forget any fad diet even though they will give you fast weight loss; the side effects such as hunger, mood swing, and headache will make you unable to do your daily activities properly.
2. Guide you toward healthier lifestyle by teaching proper food portion and basic nutrition knowledge; your body has just experienced enormous strain and you will lead a whole new life with your newborn baby, so you will need to keep healthy all the time.
3. Having adequate portion of exercise; only reducing your meal portion won’t do. A good designed exercise session can shed your weight quickly, especially in the area with the most problem: the ‘mommy belly’.
4. You’re a mom and have to take care of the family, especially with the new family member, so wasting time on long cardio session or preparing special foods are totally out of the question. You need a specially designed program for busy mom that won’t steal your family time.
So, how to lose pregnancy weight loss? The iron rule is to wait patiently until your body recover from giving birth while doing mild exercise. When you are ready, took a weight loss program that keep you healthy and at the same time doesn’t sacrifice your time for the family.